If you are selected as a finalist, interviews will begin on Monday, June 5, 2017 and run until Thursday, June 15, 2017.
- Online Application Preferred. (click here to apply now.) PDF Application Available (click here to download PDF.)
- Completed application and all required documents must be postmarked by the United States Post Office no later than Friday, April 28, 2017.
- Online Submission deadline is Friday, April 28, 2017.
- Scholarship Finalist will be notified by Friday June 2, 2017.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by Friday June 16, 2017.
Please note that ALL Scholarship recipients MUST be present at The Jessie Banks Foundation Awards Gala, on Friday, November 17, 2017 in an effort to receive scholarship.
Submission Items – A completed typed hard copy of the application must be accompanied by all of the following:
- A Senior Photograph (2 X 3 size is preferred)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a School Official (Principal, Guidance Counselor, Teacher, College Instructor)
- One letter of reference from a Supervisor from your Community Service and/ or Volunteer Work Assignment/s
- An official school transcript
- An Initialed and Signed Scholar Agreement, SAT and/or ACT scores
- A copy of application sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An essay of approximately 750 words selected from one of the following topics:
- Describe a historical or current event – discuss the valuable lessons learned and the impact and inspirations that you have ascertain from the event.
- Describe a meaningful experience or person that has had a profound impact on your life and how it has affected you.
- What are your career goals and why?